Tuesday, June 21, 2011

On Weeding the Garden

Weeds get a bad rap. I just spent the early evening pulling weeds, but I'm not cursing them. For me, it's a meditative, quiet time.

Hard day at work? Go pull some weeds when you get home. Writer's block? Pull some weeds. Creative problem to solve? You get the idea . . .

Now don't go thinking my garden is weed-free, what with all this pullin' going on.  Far from it.  I tackle sections at a time, in a loose, rotating schedule. Maintaining an organic garden can have it's challenges, but after you've done a little reading up on the hazards of Round-Up, you start to see that a few weeds around the garden is not such a bad thing after all.

So think of weeding as stress-reducer (rather than letting all those weeds cause you stress) and you just might enjoy your garden a bit more (weeds and all)!

No comments:

Post a Comment