Sunday, July 22, 2012

The "Gang of Seven"

Here's the latest pet portrait I've had the pleasure to create; one of my most ambitious yet! It was a surprise birthday gift from a husband to his wife comprising of all the pets they've shared their lives with together. A few reasons why this one was so successful - I was given plenty of nice, clear source photos to work from, and given a background story of each of the pets, so I had an idea of their personality as I created the composition. It's so important when commissioning a portrait to provide a variety of pictures best representing your pet.  Of course, these guys were all so adorable, it's hard to go wrong:-)
I was also pleased to be able to draw so many cats; as I live in a kitty household myself, I don't get to draw them enough! The mediums used were ink and inktense color pencils, my favorite go-tos these days.  As you can see, pet portraits don't just have to represent one or two pets; what a lovely idea to combine all the pets you've owned in a lasting keepsake for years to come.

1 comment:

  1. Amazing, great job!!! Always inspiring to see your work!!

    ReplyDelete